Now you know , I take my cravings seriously. But the joy of making homemade samosa’s is great. When you enjoy hot crispy samosa’s with chutney and chai , its worth all your hard work.
Samosa’s can be baked , air fried and deep fried. There are varieties of fillings you can do. Serve with tamarind chutney, mint chutney or sweet red chutney. I like to make samosa chaat of the lest over samosa’s.
- when you make the dough make sure it’s soft.
- use of oil makes them crispy.
- make sure to roll very thin sheet.
- oil should be on medium low flame, oil should be not too hot and not too low
Let’s get started with the recipe!
This recipe will make 12 Samosa’s.
- 3 potatoes boiled, peeled cut in small cubes or mash them but keep chunky.
- 1/2 cup peas boiled.
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1tsp red chillies
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- chopped green chillies (optional) if want to make spicy.
Mix all up and set a side.
- 2 cups of All purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 cup of oil. I used olive oil.
- 1 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- Pinch of carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 cup of warm water ( or more )
- In the electric mixer add flour , salt , cumin seeds and carom seeds . Whisk them together.
- Attach the dough attachment and start mixing slowly. Add oil and mix the dough .
- Now start pouring warm water , until the dough turns into soft ball.