Today in freezing -32 , felt like having chaat. So, I got to it with what ever was in my fridge and pantry .Made this healthy , super yummy chaat. Do try it you will absolutely love it.
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa red or white .
- 2 cucumbers diced in small cubes.
- 1 tomato diced.
- 1 mango diced.
- 1 cup chick peas or 1 can of chick peas.
- 1/2 red onion diced in small cubes.
- 1/2 cup of black olives.
- 1/4 cup of feta cheese.
- 1 cup of pita crackers or papari.
- 1 lemon for juice .
- 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar. ( you can substitute balsamic vinegar with tamarind sauce too)
- 1 tsp black pepper.
- 1 tsp chaat masala.
- 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- In a large bowl add quinoa , chick peas , cucumber, tomatoes , olives and mango.
- Crumble the feta cheese and mix gentle.
- Now mix all the ingredients of the dressing and pour on the chaat. Mix again so its seasoned properly.
- when serving crack the pita crackers and add on the top as papri.
- Coarsely ground cumin seeds and chilli flakes , add on the chaat to make extra hot.